Parrot Test Leads Clip vs Gripper, Grabber, mini gripper test leads and probes
- One hook gripper clips are very often used at test probes, test leads for multimeters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers.
- The Parrot Test Leads Clip invention, awarded the Gold Medal at the World Faire of Inventions, Brussels 1991 provides 4 major advantages toward one hook clip.
- The advantages of the Parrot Clip are an outcome of the Invention’s Novelty: the METAL TIP.
– High insulation
– Reliable connection at high temperature
– Reliable mechanical connection
– Low point contact resistance
- The one hook gripper clip, two hooks clip, etc. can’t be easy developed to meet new quality and reliability requested by users of the new multimeters, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, DMM, ohmmeters, spectrum analyzers.
- The Parrot gripper clip with other shapes and sizes are the solution for Fluke, Hameg, and other high quality or hobby equipments.
ONE HOOK CLIP
– Low point contact, hands-on resistance = approximately 3 mohm (metal tip with sharp edges).
– Low clip-on, hands-free connection resistance = approximately 3 mohm (made between two metal parts).
– Reliable connection at high temperatures.
– Poor and uneasy point contact measurement – needs finger pressing during point contact measurement
– Poor accessibility in small narrow places.
– Plastic insulation is not allowing miniaturization of the plastic part of the one hook grip.